1354 West Wabansia Ave, Chicago, IL 60642 | 773.227.4433

Hideout Favorite Declared a Genius!

Is the Hideout big enough for two MacArthur geniuses? Ken Vandermark will have to make room for our friend Jeanne Gang who won a 2011 MacArthur Genius Award today! Here’s a video with Jeanne here at The Hideout on Mark Bazer’s Interview Show:

A message from Bloodshot HQ

Rob Miller says “thanks for coming to our party!“, concluding with the note that: “At 2 am, after we paid off all the bands, the soundman and all the production stuff, we were pleased to find out that we made $29 for the night.  As I was working on spending my $14.50 right then and […]

Thanks to @ h/o tweeters!

Last night’s “Epic F***ing @MayorEmanuel Book Event” was great fun, and @soupandbread has already posted a nice summary review… The F***ing Epic @MayorEmanuel book release party Check out what @dansinker has posted at… quaxelrod.com There’s much more content covering the event all over the Internet, and you can find plenty of pointers to such items on […]

The F***ing Epic @MayorEmanuel book release party

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PRmu0tr6k[/youtube] That there? That’s Jeff Tweedy. What the hell is he doing? He’s performing the Black-Eyed Peas “I Gotta Feeling,” acoustic, at Tuesday’s book release party for Dan Sinker’s The F***ing Epic Twitter Quest of @Mayor Emanuel. Why?  Why the fuck not? That video was posted a scant three hours after Tweedy took the stage, […]

The Life & Times of David "Honeyboy" Edwards

The press has had a lot to say about our old play David “Honeyboy” Edwards who passed on earlier this week. • Peter Margasak’s piece in the Chicago Reader • Dave Hoekstra’s piece in the Chicago Sun-Times • Even MSNBC got in on the coverage

R.I.P. David "Honeyboy" Edwards

One of the Hideout’s favorite performers passed on today…more thoughts and info to come from us soon but for now, here’s info from his estate on the funeral services this week. David Honeyboy Edwards, the “Last of the Great Mississippi Delta Bluesmen” has died. This morning Monday August 29, 2011, about 3 am while resting […]

Kartemquin on beauty

Kartemquin Films has been getting mad press lately for The Interrupters, the story of three former Chicago gang members trying to “interrupt” the cycle of violence in the streets. I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s selling out screenings at the Siskel Film Center, where it runs through August 25. Get on downtown and catch […]

15 years at the Hideout, in pictures

You know about the block party, right? Well, the night before we’re taking over some nearby walls to mount Scrap Book, a show of photos shot at the Hideout over the past 15 preposterous years. We’ve hit up some of our professional friends already for their snazzy shots of bands and whatnot. But you do not have […]

Block Party is go!

It’s true: The Hideout Block Party is b-a-c-k. Today’s announcement of the lineup set blogs buzzing all over the interwebs. As well it should have, considering the roster of amazingness being angled into position for a September 24 liftoff. In the words of Tim Tuten: “The Hideout will celebrate its 15th Birthday Party with our friends […]

Thanks for tweetin' 15th H/O Block Party!

This morning, Terri Hemmert announced the 15th Hideout Block Party starring Andrew Bird & Mavis Staples on @93XRT ! Find plenty of information on the Block Party page and get your tickets starting this Friday 7/22 at 10:00am. Soon after Terri announced the show, the twittersphere cranked into action to help celebrate the announcement of the […]

Skip to content