Everyone is Welcome at the Hideout
The Hideout is committed to being a space that is open, respectful, equitable, and inclusive for all people.
We stand committed to social justice, equity, and human rights while conducting ourselves in a respectful manner. We strive to ensure our community and our events reflect the rich diversity of our city, our country, and our world.
The Hideout rejects discrimination based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, national origin, and any other form of unjust discrimination. We demand the same from our patrons, performers, and anyone else who steps through our doors.
Here’s some of what we’re doing to turn our values into action:
- Creating a Diversity & Inclusion Council, with staff from all levels, to bring diverse voices to leadership
- Implementing a talent acquisition process that incorporates open hiring and diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- Changes to leadership structures and reporting structures
- Developing key performance indicators that are universal to all employees
- Conducting facilitated sessions, for all staff and owners, on values-based behaviors, unconscious bias, and disrupting bias and accountability